Welcome to Inquire-it-Writing

This is the Written Langauge sub-site of http://www.inquire-it.blogspot.com/.

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Holiday on Amity

Yay! We finally found the right bay Enteco bay. I looked over and saw a familiar face on a boat that was just anchoring, it looked like Sara but I wasn’t sure, I told dad and we went over for a look. As we got closer I saw Jessie( Sara’s sister). We hopped aboard their boat and had a look around. It started getting late so we went back to our boat for dinner.
The next day we woke up bright and early. The sun was shining and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky, the water was clear blue. Dad said “Why don’t we ask if the Taylors want to go biscuiting with us. There’s not so many boats in here”. “Yeah” we shouted. I grabbed my togs and got dressed into them. After 10mins of trying to find the pump. We opened the cupboard and there it was. Dad pumped it up then tied it on to the dinghy. Jared, dad and I hopped in and zoomed off to the Taylors boat. We asked Glen (Sara’s dad)  if they’d like to come biscuiting with us. Before Glen could say Yes or No Sara, Jessie and Kate came running out in their togs all ready to go. So they hopped into our dinghy and we zoomed to shore. We took turns, I was first. My heart was pounding I clinged to the biscuit. Dad started up the motor. All of a sudden I’m slipping and sliding everywhere my fingers were slowly peeling off but I was determined to stay on. “Ahh Ahh” It was coming up to the corner. I swooped out to the side. The water was flat until I zoomed over it, water was rushing from behind me. I was gripping on so tightly my hands were going red. I slowly started to let go when I then realised we had stopped. I jumped off and gave it to Sara she clambered on and away she went. She was so fast it almost looked like lighting. She soon arrived back to shore we all had a couple of turns then it started getting cold. So we hopped in the dinghy and went back to our boats. Then at about 7:30pm we heard a motor we looked outside, it was the Taylors. They had come to join us for dinner.
We all woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed. The water looked warm so mum and I decided to go for a swim. I got out the ladder and hooked it in, I slowly put one foot in and shivered a bit, then I quickly put the other one in. SPLASH!!! I screamed. Dad had jumped off the top so I scrambled my way back onto the boat and onto the top. I leaped out into the middle of nothing I slowly fell splash I hit the water. I swam back to the ladder and did it all over again. When finally after two hours of nonstop swimming we decided to see what seafood we could get.
We started up the motor and in no time we were out by the black rocks. Dad baited up the lines once they were all baited up we let our lines out. After an hour we’d caught nothing and dad was starting to get annoyed so we headed back to the bay. Luckily at the Kerikeri supermarket mum had bought lots of seafood.
It was time we had to leave. I had a quick swim. The water was so nice I didn’t want to hop out but sadly I had no choice. I had a warm shower. And we carefully potted back to the mooring. Once we arrived mum and dad loaded up the dinghy we clambered in and zoomed to shore. We packed the car with all our stuff and had along ride back. Not that I noticed because I slept the whole way back.

1 comments: