Welcome to Inquire-it-Writing

This is the Written Langauge sub-site of http://www.inquire-it.blogspot.com/.

Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Monster Fights





I woke up in the morning with a loud thud that hit the deck of my bed room floor. My whole family got woke up by it but they took it as an alarm and we all started packing our two cars and our boat. It took a long time to put all of our gear in to the cars and the boat. The only thing that was keeping me going was thought of catching a 30 pound snapper, so we all hop into the cars and he head off to Cable Bay in the Bay Of Islands.
Once we arrived at the boat ramp it was time to put the boat into the water. Dad had scrambled off to park the car and once he was done we all hoped into the boat. The direction the boat was heading was straight for Cable Bay on Urupukapuka Island. Once we arrived it took us around 2 hours to set up camp. When Dad and I had enough we headed out to catch some bait fish for our fishing trip tomorrow morning.
We were already prepared as dad and I had caught some bait fish the other day for our fishing trip. Dad and I raced out in our boat to Whale Rock. Hay Josh throw out the sea anchor said Dad. When we put our first live baits down we had to put up with some HUMUNGUS fights.
Dad and I arrived back at the bay and I showed off my 8.5kg Snapper to everyone on the beach. Dad had decided to do the same thing and he held up his 7kg Snapper. Mum and Katie got one big shock but in a happy way. Later that day Marcus, Mike and I went out to Bird Rock to catch some bigger fish we were planning to catch some Kingfish. The reason the rocks name is Bird Rock is because there have being so much birds that fly around there and they all poo all over the rock, the hole rock is completely white. That was the day when I caught my first Kingfish it was only 1cm under the legal limit. At the end of the day we arrived back to the bay with one Kingfish caught by Ethen only 3cm bigger than my one that put back.
Later that week everyone started to leave. My whole family had to help other family’s pack up. When the last lot had left it was just us and some other Campers.
After a long time off packing up we loaded our boats and after we had said good bye to our friends and this lovely island it was time to push off the boat and we jumped on. It took a long time to get to the boat ramp because we were going so slowly so I tried to occupy us all so we started to say what was the best thing that happened. I said “catching a big 8.5kg monster snapper. I can’t wait until next year’s monster fights.           
BY JOSH NILSION

2 comments: