Welcome to Inquire-it-Writing

This is the Written Langauge sub-site of http://www.inquire-it.blogspot.com/.

Wednesday 30 March 2011

David's recount

All riders to the bottom of the ramp.” Came a voice from the starting gate. Everyone went round to the ramp. “I’d like to welcome you all to Camp Cools, where Ken Cools, who has trained Sarah Walker before and will be teaching you what he has learnt”. Said Stu Carter-Bell (The President of the Whangarei BMX Club) Trains you for the whole day. “Now if Ken would like to speak”
H i, now today we’ll be learning how to manual jump and most importantly pump, which we’ll be working on at the pumping section of the track”. “Okay let’s get started” said Ken.
Shortly after that we all went over to the pumping section of the track. It was time for me to learn a new jump. It was the 2m double. A double is a jump with a gap in the middle of it, so if I got this wrong I would crash into the front of the jump and crash. I was really nervous.
Okay everyone do five practice straights, just pumping then go full wiggly jingly”. (This is Kens way of saying do whatever you want). We all went as slow as possible then came of the straight going 30kph without pedalling. After 5 runs I played a game called “BMX” Which is where you copy the other person’s trick on the straight that you choose. I went with Nathan Hooker and Logan Atkinson. Nathan went first and jumped the double that I was going to jump. Logan went next and did the same. Then I went and glided through the air and landed on the other side “Yes I did it”. I screamed to the air.
 Suddenly it started to rain. We all raced over to the shelter. We decided to play Foot down. This is where you have to stay on your bike versing other people but, you’re not allowed to put your foot down. Ryan Lewis (NZ 4) was doing all these cool tricks like, stopping his bike, going onto his front wheel and flicking his bike around then landing back on his bike. The ages for the game were 10 and under, 11-13, and 14 and over. The younger group went first. Rico Beerman won he’s the world N.o 1 in his age group .We went next. In the corner of my eye I saw Logan Atkinson racing towards me. I drifted away from him. He skidded out of control and went out of the boundaries. Yes I had won.

3 comments: