Welcome to Inquire-it-Writing

This is the Written Langauge sub-site of http://www.inquire-it.blogspot.com/.

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Camping At The Beach- By Tim

We were at One Tree Point in the summer and what I am about to tell you are some of the things we did.
We had decided to go kayaking; the tide was right so we dragged our strange variety of kayaks to the shore. I had a flimsy little one that I hated. (It was partly underwater because I was too big) Seth, my (7 year old cousin) had the biggest kayak. I was annoyed, Seth couldn’t even use that huge kayak! So I came up with an idea. Hayden was on the shore wanting to have a ride. So I convinced Seth to swap kayaks adding the part about Hayden in. I’m pretty good at convincing my cousins. So Seth agreed. We paddled to shore, got out, and swapped kayaks. With his new kayak Seth paddled off. I got Hayden in my kayak and paddled after Seth. I could’ve had two kids with me since there were two specially designed seats at the front and back. But the weight of Hayden was already enough. There was a thick plate of plastic in the middle that acted as a magnifying glass.  I could see the bottom of the sea! It was awesome even though I could only see sea snails and shells.  We decided to paddle out to the mangroves.
Our progress there was alright but we had to keep waiting for the little kids to catch up. Bo was an exception. He only had one oar and an inflatable boat. Daniel had a very aqua-dynamic kayak and could go fast. The only problem was that it couldn’t turn well; he kept on paddling in circles. Gareth had the same type as Daniel but he didn’t end up turning in circles. I was near the front since I wasn’t having any problems except having Hayden with me.
So with many problems we finally reached the mangroves. The best way to describe it is to imagine a mini forest in water waist deep. It was a tiny bit like a maze since the mangroves were identical. I pretended to back up and park while making beeping sounds. We eventually got to a clearing and we all went to shore to rest. After we had had a rest we got back in our kayaks and paddled out to the furthest mangrove tree in the water. Hayden and I did some awesome parallel parking. Mum would want us back now. So we all then decided to head back.
I noticed some sparkling water and started following it, knowing I’d never catch it. Yehudi, Seth and Daniel joined me on my quest.  We kept following it until it went under a mangrove tree. So we restarted on our long and even slower journey back.
Everyone was very slow and Seth had to be towed by Gareth. By the time we got back my shoulders felt like they were on fire. We got out and dragged the heavy kayaks up the beach and leant them against the house with their paddles. I went to rest in the tent, ready for a fun packed day the next day. That day was one of the best days in my life. I felt truly happy at that time.

3 comments: