Welcome to Inquire-it-Writing

This is the Written Langauge sub-site of http://www.inquire-it.blogspot.com/.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

A Freaky, Fish Tale

“Come on fish, keep swimming!”  I yelled as I frantically searched for somewhere safe to hide.
“Ahhhhh!” shouted one of my friends as a big, thick net swooped around her and picked her up.
“Marcie!” I shouted. The big net lowered down again and began to scoop my family and friends up. ‘Keep on swimming’ I told myself as the dangerous net cornered me. I was coming to the end of the stream, when suddenly I was lifted up into the outside world.
“Mum I caught one,” the human said.
 “Good job Courtney,” another one answered.
“I think that’s enough.” I was carefully lowered into a white bucket.
 “Abby!” cried my friend Marcie.
 “What’s happened?” she said.
 “I don’t know,” I replied. I turned around to see all the worried townsfolk talking quietly amongst themselves.
"Let’s go mum,” a voice beamed. Suddenly the bucket was lifted up.
“Let’s get some rest,” I advised. When everyone had seemed to have nodded off, I slowly opened my eyes. Hopefully everything would be alright.
When I woke up I screamed. Obviously it woke everyone else up too.
“Oh my fish fins!” one of the stubborn fish said.
“Arhhhhh!” I yelped. I slowly swam forward.
“Where am I?” I cried. All of a sudden the other fish swam forward.
 “AHHHHHHH!” she yelled.
“Seriously,” I said “Can’t you see there are other things to think about?”
 Instantly, a man opened the top of the glass tank. Immediately we all swam up to get some of this heavenly smelling food that had been sprinkled on top of the water.
After we had all had a marvellous feast, one of the youngsters swam over to this black thing.
“What’s this?” he said peering underneath it.
 “Help!!!!” he screamed. I quickly turned around. He was gone! ‘I better stay away from that thing’ I thought.
“I bags the jug!” I yelled. I could be here a while so I had better get the best bed!!!

By Rebekah

3 comments:

  1. Great story Beka!!!

    Heather R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Robb!!
    Kathryn Robb (beka's little sis) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool story Beka!! :)

    ReplyDelete