Welcome to Inquire-it-Writing

This is the Written Langauge sub-site of http://www.inquire-it.blogspot.com/.

Wednesday 30 March 2011

My Trip to NELSON!

“Go to sleep please, Leihana your flight is tomorrow.” My Mum said.
“Ok” I replied “I’m just really, really excited!”
I hopped into bed and went to sleep.
“Wake up” Mum said “You have to get ready for your flight.”  
“No I’m tired.” I said with one eye open, but I ended up having to get out of bed. After having a shower and putting on my clothes, I got ready for my flight. I finished packing my bag and brushed my teeth.

“Hop in the car.” Mum shouted. My Mum, Dad and Aunty were going to drop me off at the airport. We stopped at McDonalds while we drove and had our lunch before we got to the airport.
As we drove through the car park, we finally found a park. “Yeah, I’m almost on the plane!” I screamed in excitement.
My Mum signed me off and we waited for them to call my plane “84NZ to Nelson UMR’s” they said.
“Oh that’s your plane” My Dad said. “See ya, text us when you get there ok?” “I will,” I replied rushing.
While I boarded the plane I felt so excited, “Welcome to Air NZ I’ll be your host for today, please turn any mobile phones off and enjoy your flight.”
“Hello, what’s your name? My name is Paige,” “My name is Leihana, are you a UMR?” I asked “Yeah, my Dad lives in Nelson but my Mum lives in Whangarei,” “OK that’s cool” I said.

As we chatted, the host came, she asked if I wanted to hand out the lollies I said “Yes!” passenger to passenger, handing out the lollies. When I got back I got to have a lollipop for when we land, I didn’t want my ears to pop.
After we got off, the plane I had to wait until the end, to walk out, so a lady could take me in.
“Aunty and Uncle!” I yelled. “Hello, did you have a nice flight?” they asked as I walked out the door “We’re having KFC, for tea tonight.” Aunty said “Yum, Aunty can I get an all stars box and a Krusher.” “Yes, you can get whatever you like”
As we drove to KFC, Aunty said “They rebuilt it because too many people were having problems”
We walked in and ordered, but we had to wait for a long time before we got our order.
“Yeah were finally home” I said putting our KFC on the table. There’s your Christmas present under the tree somewhere.” My aunty said. I got a cool skirt and a top to match. “Your brothers presents are under there to.”
Aunty had to go to work that morning so I stayed home with my Uncle. First we had McDonald’s hot cakes and a hot chocolate, then we went to Nature land and mini golf. Nature land had a new animal a porcupine it had very long spikes. After that at mini golf my Uncle won by two points which I think is a lot. We went to McDonald’s for lunch, I thought I was getting fat for having too much McDonalds!

“Hello, how was your day?” my Aunty asked politely as she came through the door. “It was so much fun! I played mini golf and we went to Nature land!” I replied. “Sounds like an awesome day trip.” Aunty said putting down her bag.

My Uncle had to go to work that morning after our fun day, so I went to work with my Aunty. We started at 7.00am and went to the orchard and started picking off the small, eye rot, and russet apples. This was very hard, because we had to be very, very precise, we had to make sure not to pull off any big apples.

Two weeks later I returned back home, I had used one of my Aunties really big bags, because I had shopped for a lot of clothes. I had so much fun in Nelson and I can’t wait to go back! BY: LEIHANA

3 comments: