Welcome to Inquire-it-Writing

This is the Written Langauge sub-site of http://www.inquire-it.blogspot.com/.

Monday 2 May 2011

Northland Polo Horse Trek

Sara 3/5/2011                         
Last Saturday I went to the Northland Polo Fundraiser Horse Trek. My Dad is the captain of the Northland Polo Club, so we kind of had to go. Dad woke me up at 6:30am! I got dressed into warm clothes and gumboots then set out to catch Paris, the 15 hand 6-year-old thourghbred that we are grazing at our house for the winter. I took her out the gate and over to the horse truck. Dad decided to leave her cover on as it was a bit chilly. I took her up the ramp and Dad and I jumped in the cab. Then we were off.
First we went down to the dairy, filled up the truck and had a sausage roll for breakfast. Then we headed out to my Grandparents place to pick up two of the other horses. We arrived and loaded up Castor and Dione (the other horses). We kept going and arrived Tangowahine, at the horse trek. The trek was going up the mountains at Michael Youngers farm. We arrived at about 8:00am and unloaded the horses. Then Dad went over to register while I took the covers off the horses.
Once everyone had arrived, they all registered and the two people that were riding Dione and Paris came, they all set off. I was left with the others who weren’t riding to cook the onions and sausages, butter bread and organize cakes.
Two and a half hours later they all came back along the track. I ran outside to help dad unsaddle Castor and give him (the horse) a wash. Once all the horses were sorted everyone came inside for some lunch. There were speeches and the works, and then everyone started to leave.
All the Polo people stayed for about one hour later and had drinks. We raised over $2000 for Northland Polo and had a great time. Then Dad and I loaded up the horses, were given about 50 leftover sausages, 2 loaves of buttered bread, a 2 litre bottle of tomato and BBQ sauce and a bottle of mustard then we drove off. We dropped off Castor and Dione, then arrived home unloaded Paris and went inside for some dinner. (Sausages, bread and sauce!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment